Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 0

Confucius says that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Well a journey of 2810 miles begins with cramming the car filled with all of the stuff that we didn't send with the movers.



I spent all day packing the last remnants into boxes and then loading the car. I also went into the hospital to turn in my pager (so naked without it!) and say goodbye to everyone. I also took care of a few Baltimore errands. Of course Paul's plane was delayed 80 minutes. So, knowing that it would be a late night, I took a nap instead of driving to the Bay Bridge. It's not that exciting anyway, and I knew it was gonna be a late night.

Instead, a view of the Inner Harbor from Fed Hill will have to do:



And we're on our way.



We decided to try to know back a few hundred miles instead of going back to my empty townhouse. 695W to I-70, and the obligatory sign picture.



Most of the trip last night was through rain and fog in the Allegheny mountains.



Including this cool tunnel.



Eventually, it was 2:45 AM, and it was time to stop in New Stanton, PA. And no, we didn't find New Dunder Mifflin there.

To Rochester, MN tomorrow!

2 comments:

susie said...

Happy trails to you...
Have a good trip - see you in SF!

oliviao said...

Cool pics! You have lovely kids - had Ronnie and Ben today and Lila tonight and tomorrow!