Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Torture

So I was sitting in grand rounds last week, it was about conflict resolution, and a near identical talk by a guy who gave a noon seminar last year. Due to the dangers of the iPhone, I was reading some blogs that I frequent, which led me to the Bybee memo. Now I didn't read all 50 pages of it, but some blog posts pointed me to this:

We also understand that a medical expert with SERE experience will be present throughout this phase and that the procedures will be stopped if deemed medically necessary to prevent severe mental or physical harm to Zubaydah.


I thought we had been through this already. Anyhow, just about made me sick to my stomach.

Given that grand rounds was a full hour on conflict resolution, I registered a blog and a Facebook group, Doctors Against Torture. Not that I've done anything about it yet, as that hour of grand rounds was about my only non-busy hour this week. And it's not like I'm so prolific with this blog that I need two. But just saying.